Scholarships for 2017 female high school graduates and for adult women returning to school
Since our founding over thirty years ago, the American Association of University Women (AAUW) of the Gloucester County Area has offered scholarships in the amounts of $250 – $1000 to young women graduating from an area high school. Some years ago we began awarding additional scholarships to adult women returning to school. In 2016 we will award three scholarships of $1,000 each.
Eligibility requirements for high school seniors:
- Must be graduating high school senior residing in Gloucester County
- Must be planning to attend college in fall 2017 working toward an AA, AS, or Bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university
- Must have a minimum SAT score of 1550
Eligibility requirements for adult women returning to school:
- Preference given to Gloucester County residents.
- Must be at least 25 years old.
- Must be attending college in the fall of 2017 with the intention of completing a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) at an accredited college or university. Community college students are encouraged to apply.
- Verification of acceptance to Bachelor’s degree program
Apply for a Scholarship:
Please mail all required application items to:
Ms. Aimee Burgin, AAUW Scholarship Chair
24 Jefferson Ave
Pitman, NJ 08071
Applications must be postmarked by April 14, 2017. Recipients will be notified during May. Incomplete applications will not be considered; notification will not be given.